• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

High calorie snacks [need to increase intake]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagochina

Bluelighter
I have recently kicked one of my last habits [benzos] and the last few months my appetite has not returned and if anything it has decreased. I am a very picky eater and lately food is not appetizing for me and has started to become a chore to eat.

I am already lacking in energy and I do not need or want to start to worry about eating enough food. I am not happy about my weight and have an insanely fast metabolism, I have always been healthy and I try to exercise [biking 20-60 miles a week]. Lately from lack of energy I have not been getting out and riding to much, my decreased appetite is starting to take a toll on me.

I take a daily vitamin and try to force myself to eat but it is hard when your not hungry and nothing is sounding to appealing. I also have been drinking Ensure daily to try and up my calorie intake. So I decided to post on here.

What are some easy quick snacks that pack alot of calories, I dont even want to fathom a guess on what my daily intake is but I am not where I should be.

Peace,
Seedless

Healthy fats are good for condensed calories, nuts (5 almonds have fifty calories) and nut butters are especially good and have a lot of essential fatty acids. Dried fruit (raisons, dates, dried mango, dried apricots, etc) also have high caloric intake are relatively condensed. Granola as well, if you mix it with yogurt (dont get non or low fat) you'll also get some extra calories.

You could just eat a bunch of twinkies i guess but I think the above are better. :)

well CONGRATS ON THE BENZO KICKER! I myself find it really hard to kick that habbit!

I eat lots of local eggs, bread with vegan butter or pbj, sandwiches of all kinds, and fried food (because I work at a fried food restaurant). Smoothies with protein are great too.

pure protein, protein revolution bars the chocolate peanut caramel is fuckin awesome.

280 cals
32 grams protien
2g sugar
9g fat.

g.o.a.t. c.h.e.e.s.e

or any sort of grilled cheese sandwich. Put some tomato and a thin slice of pickel in it, smear with butter, george forman grill. Get FAT

Invented a new goat cheese snack this morning.

You get some good heavy bread, slice it and toast till toasty.. slather with butter... spread your chévre, then put a thin layer of preserves on top. f foie gras

^ add olive oil, peanut butter, yogurt, and milk and you're good to go :)

Also, make your own pizzas and LOAD it with LOTS of cheese, veggies, healthy meats, etc. Wheat crust. Its an awesome snack.

Status
Not open for further replies.